Sunday, June 3, 2012

First time for everything

I did an awesome road ride up Emigration Canyon. The weather couldn't have been nicer and the scenery was beautiful. I wasn't alone, many other cyclists out as well. I happen to pass one going up the climb

"Is that the top?" Asks this woman as I go by.
"No, its the home stretch but it gets a bit steeper towards the top" I answer
"Oh no, this is my first bike ride, I'm a runner, but this is really hard"
"First bike ride?! You are doing awesome! If you made it this far you can do it, just keep going"

Sure enough I saw her at the top...

Me, Rachel, and sister Alli

Meet Rachel, mom of 3 (including 22 month old twins) and she decides to take on Emigration for her first ride. Totally inspiring. I love it when people dig in and just go for it. 

On the way home I noticed some creative artwork. A Banksy original perhaps?


Come on. Thats not nice. Can't we have both? I'm sure these are the same people that don't pick up their dogs doo doo and leave it on the trail for me to ride through. Crap, I should have brought my spray paint with me today. My tag would say:

BIKERS ARE NICE DOG BITCHES and HAVE A GREAT DAY

Lets keep it friendly huh 


2 comments: